iPhone 4 Catches Fire

An iPhone 4 reportedly caught fire when it was plugged into the USB port. It is unclear if the USB port was the problem. The iPhone cord literally caught on fire and spread to the iPhone. Fortunately, the owner’s iPhone seems fine aside from minor damage on the charging port.

Apparently the thing just combusted when it was plugged into a USB port, burning the poor guy’s (or girl’s) hand and melting the USB cord into a chary mess. The phone itself actually stood up to the flames pretty well, with little aesthetic damage besides a few marks around the USB connector, but it was still damaged beyond repair.

Source: virtualrealityblog.com