Blizzard has officially announced the Diablo 3 expansion, Reaper of souls at Gamescom. Along with the announcement were two trailers, so let’s take a look at a breakdown of what we can expect.
- New Environments including Pandemonium Fortress in Act V
- Level Cap raised to lvl 70
- New monsters
- New Class the Crusador
- Upgraded Paragon System is now account wide. There is no lvl limit and you can place paragon stat points the way you want.
- The main boss that looks like the Grimm Reaper is called Malthael.
- Loot Runs and Nephalem Trials modes
- The mystic crafter is added back in. She can change the way you look and enchant items.
Malthael, the fallen Archangel of Wisdom, returns as the Angel of Death in Diablo III’s first expansion set: Reaper of Souls. Having seized the powerful Black Soulstone for his own nefarious purposes, it now falls to players to track down Malthael and stop him before he unleashes irreversible havoc on the world. Fortunately, a new hero is ready to join the cause and bring Malthael to justice.
Diablo III’s Paragon progression system is also being majorly upgraded for the expansion, adding even more end-game character advancement and replayability. Two new game modes—Loot Runs and Nephalem Trials—are being added as well, providing fun and rewarding challenges for players to tackle when they’re not busy saving the world.